Thursday, November 19, 2009

Next Week's Show, All About Black Hair

This coming week's episode of Yeah, What She Said holds a lot of significance for me personally. We will be discussing black women and their hair, a subject of great intrigue for some and much devastation for others. I won't get into it too much here because I'd like to save all of my thoughts for the show, but there are tons of fascinating, sad and triumphant stories to be told about the complex relationships between black women and their hair (I've been chatting about it with some girlfriends over the last few days). In the past, Jennie and I have posted videos and links to articles regarding this subject on the blog; I've always thought that we should one day use this topic for an episode of the show and that it would be nice to have black women gather 'round and share their thoughts on this particular area of interest.

It looks like the show has been timed perfectly as it has been brought to my attention by a couple of friends that Chris Rock's new comedy/documentary film, Good Hair, is coming out shortly. The trailer tells all and I have posted it below, along with previous posts and clips on black hair from us here on the Yeah, What She Said blog.

Films About Black Women: Kiri Davis' A Girl Like Me

New Black Barbie Dolls: Fab or Flop?

Solange Knowles Chops It: Is She Insane?

Chris Rock's Good Hair (Trailer)


Tune in to CJSW 90.9 FM at 8:30 PM (MST) this coming Monday to catch the show live.

No comments:

Post a Comment