Tuesday, February 24, 2009

A Shocking T-shirt?














Diagram labels: Depth Gauge, Awe, Shock


So, a friend of mine came over last night wearing this t-shirt. When I realized what it was, I said to him, "Dude, you know I'm a feminist, right?!" Then he looked all sheepish and was like "... yeah."

Anyhow, I'm not really sure what to think of this shirt, I just knew it somehow irked me. Even though I don't find it overly offensive (because I don't think its inherently sexist) it still bugged me. I think more than anything it's the name - "The Shocker." Maybe if this "technique" was called something else, it might be cool. After all, this is essentially a diagram of how to pleasure a woman, right? So in that sense it's cool... I just don't like the name. Maybe we can rename it to "The Handy Dandy" - I like that one better!

No comments:

Post a Comment